Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for beautiful adoption stories. I just read of a wonderful entry on a close friends blog on how God has spoken to them at different times during their adoption journey's. I am so very thankful for all the wonderful times when we were waiting for Jie, God spoke to us many times to bring comfort to our aching hearts.

I am thankful for the power of friendship and LOVE. I'm thankful for a 17 year marriage that although we have disagreements, we value our love and committment to eachother before God.

I am thankful that each day as I speak to God and pray to him to watch over my children, he blesses my children with healthy and happy lives. I pray that my children grow to be faithful to our Heavenly Father.

I am so very thankful for nights lying down with my son. As he went to fall asleep last night, he hugged me and said "Mom, you are the best mom in the world". Oh, how that boy brings such joy to my life.

I am also very thankful that although raising a child is difficult, it brings the most joy to my heart. I'm thankful that both Jie and Trayjan never go without saying "Thank You" to each of us for the teeniest of things. What great manners they both have!

4 comments:

Janet and Kevin said...

That was a sweet post. It was around that October that we also saw Jie's picture for the first time! How amazing is God??

Love to you all,
The Bourkes

Sherry said...

Thankful Thursday posts always make my heart swell. And your is no exception today. You have a great way of writig about your feelings. Thanks for sharing.

Kristi said...

I agree, it was a sweet post. Thank you for reminding those of us who are also parents to be thankful for the blessings of our kids. I had a rough day with the girls yesterday and your post was a great reminder to keep things in perspective and appreciate them both.

Jean said...

So much to be thankful for! The children are such blessings and so much fun, too!! I love your 4th of July pic with you all sitting on the porch!!

Blessings to you!
Jean