Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Thankful Thursday




As I sit here about to type all the things I'm thankful for, I am reminded of a beautiful young lady's blog. I met this girl not to many months ago and she lost her mom in High School. I pray for her each day, as I couldn't imagine not having my mom with me in High School (or even now). How blessed I am to be 35 1/2 years and have both my parents alive and activily a part of our lives.
I know God has a plan for all of us and sometimes we don't completely understand that plan, but in time will learn how to adjust and move on after the plan. I write this and I'm thinking about my husband's sister who at the young age of 42 passed away from Cancer. Today is her birthday.....Happy Birthday Tanya, we miss you terribly! so I am so thankful that my son got to be a part of his Aunt Tanya's life. We got our LOA the day before she passed away to bring our Jiesue home. Travis was so happy to tell her Jie was coming home. I know she is looking down upon us and loves us all so much. (The first picture is of my kids not long after Jie came home in 2008, Travis' parents and Tanya's two boys). God bless them each day!
So today I'm so very thankful for the lives we are given. Sometimes, things are not as we think they should be, but even through the disappointments, sadness, or even loss, we are in control of our happiness. We decide that we can go on, we decide that with our Lords guidance we can get through anything life throws at us. I see this quality in my dear husband. After his sister passed away, he took a new look at life. He loves life, and he always tells us and shows us how much he loves us. I hope that for all of us, it doesn't take a loss in our lives to realize how much we should love our lives and take nothing for granted. Live life to the fullest each day, give hugs, and kisses to the ones you love, pass a smile to someone you have never met. Change your outlook on life and find all the happiness you deserve.

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Tears, I have tears. Youare so right Chasity. It seems that we, as a family, gets caught up with life in general. Then when someone we hold dear passes on, we always look at life differently. Thinking of you today as you remember your dear sister in law.

Kristi said...

Beautiful post! I think a lot of us can relate to what you wrote but you had a great way of articulating it. I'm sure your sister-in-law is so pleased at what the four of you have become!

Janet and Kevin said...

Sweet and touching post. How thankful we are that your dear family is in our lives!

Hope Trayjan is feeling better each day.

Love,
the Bourkes