Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Jie's 1st Day of Preschool






She did wonderful! We are so proud of Jie for her bravery going to school today. We have been speaking about school for a few months now, talking about how mommy will come to pick her up just like I pick Trayjan up and how she will meet friends, dance, sing, color and play. She was excited but nervous this morning for her 1st day, until after we dropped Trayjan off at school, then she just couldn't get to school fast enough. It was quite cute to see how excited she was.

She had a wonderful day and was a very big girl for her first day. Her teacher gave her a little certificate for her Good Job today. She didn't shed any tears and told us she played, had a snack, sang a song and got to use Markers (which mommy doesn't let her do often, she uses crayones at home), there is the obvious reason when I picked her up, she had orange marker all over her new Gymboree shirt. Needless to say, I better stock up on Shout Wipes just for princess Jie.

I promised her she could go buy a necklace after school if she was a big girl and didn't cry....so of course she went to the store and picked our her new necklace and some princess rings. She was very excited to get a special prize today with just her and mommy!

4 comments:

Janet and Kevin said...

Oh, such a big step! What cute pictures of a precious little girl. Have fun at school Jie.

Hugs and love from the Bourkes

Michele said...

Oh my goodness! She is just about the sweetest thing I have ever seen!

Kristi said...

Cute pictures! Have you always had the black and white one of the four of you on your side bar? I didn't notice it until today but I LOVE that. Jie looks so grown up!

Jean said...

The pics are adorable!! Sorry about the marker- yep I know just what you mean! I happen to have a little one that likes to use markers... on herself- arms, hands, legs, you name it. I want to keep them away from her BUT our 9 year old also loves them. Hmmmm