Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thankful Thursday




Thankful Thursday's seem to come so very quickly, which although I'm so very thankful, I'm sad that time flies by much to quickly.

I spend much of my Internet time each day reading other blogs and journals. I have met some wonderful families through my bloggy days. One thing that I love is to read inspirational entries. Each day, when I read something nice, funny, inspiring or motivational...it truly helps me to be a better person. I'm very thankful that blogging allows people to welcome me into their lives and blesses me with wonderful stories, beautiful pictures, inspirational writings and most of all, many entries thanking the Lord for what they have.

Although this is something that is not a necessity, I am very thankful for Trayjan and Jie's Great Grandpa Leach's slot machine. Trayjan and Jie's great grandparents are in their mid 80's and to be very honest, what child wants to go spend time with elders instead of playing outside, but although they are in their mid 80's, I have never had to convince Trayjan to visit. Trayjan loves to go over, see Great Grandpa and Grandma Leach and play Grandpa's very old Slot Machine. I believe is a big hit with all the kiddos, but it brings great joy to see how much fun is spent on that crazy old machine.

As I have spent some time fasting this week, I have been reminded often of the children who each day do not receive nourishment and must go hungry. I can not explain the feeling I have thinking about putting my precious children to bed hungry. It brings great pain to my heart to know children are suffering anywhere. So today, I am so thankful that God gives us the opportunities to share our lives, hands, hearts, time, and wealth with others. What can you do to help a child in need?

4 comments:

Jean said...

I so agree- I love to read inspirational blogs! Especially if they are Jesus loving and adoption loving blogs!! They help me to keep going!!

How wonderful to have great grandparents! I wish our children had grandparents but they all have passed on to be with Jesus. I know they would delight in these precious children as much as we do! Thank you Jesus!

Michele said...

Hey! I just found our Journey to Me site! I have really enjoyed reading and looking at your pictures! I promise I am not stalking you, lol. I have a JTM site too, that is how I stumbled across yours.

I just want to tell you everytime I see Jie's little face, I am taken aback by how beautiful she is! I love her!!

Anyway, that's all. I just thought I would share!

Michele said...

Ok, obviously I mean "your" and not "our". Duh.

Rob,Dawn,Catherine and Iain and Maura said...

I just love the Michigan outfits!!!! Go Blue. I can't believe how big the kids are getting. As a matter of fact the kids are going to see their first Michigan game in a few weeks with my sister.
http://maurailise.blogspot.com/