Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Trick or Treating


Our kids loved dressing up and trick or treating this year. Trayjan has been so creative the last couple of years with his costumes, we are so proud of him. Last year he was a Zombie, the year before he was a Vampire, this year he has been a Medical Patient Zombie and on Halloween he wanted to be a Mummy, but he didn't want to buy a costume, he wanted to make his own. Of course we had a few costume malfunctions Halloween night, but all in all, he looked adorable.


Jie wanted to be Barney, I went against the idea up until Halloween day when I knew it was going to be cold and she would need a coat anyway. I really wanted her to look adorable, but she really wanted to be Barney. I even tried to tell her Barney was a boy not a girl, so she couldn't be Barney.....but she insisted she could be a boy and be Barney. To cute! Needless to say, she was so happy that mommy let her be Barney this year.

We had a wonderful night, eating at Trayjan's good friends house before we all headed off to Trick or Treat together. Lots of special memories.

2 comments:

Janet and Kevin said...

Cute costumes! Jie was the most beautiful Barney I have ever seen, and Trayjan was a pretty scary mummy too!

I remember dressing up as a mummy one Halloween when I was about Trayjan's age. My mom had sewn pieces of sheets together and wrapped me up. It was a cold and rainy night, and I kept coming unwrapped at every other house. My dad had taken me out that evening, and needless to say, he became a "bit" frustrated over my costume malfunction! Hee, hee. I distinctly remember him marching me home to do a quick change into another costume we happened to have had at home! LOL! Still had a good time, though!

Love to you all
The Bourkes

Sherry said...

Great costumes. Trayjan has a great immigination and does really well with his ideas. It's always more fun to make your costumes. And, I have to agree with Jie this time. On Halloween you can be anything (well almost) you want. Molly & Lindy's daddy dressed up like a woman! It really threw Lindy for a loop!