Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving Tree





At my wonderful MOPS meeting on Thursday we made these wonderful little trees. The idea came from a mom in our group.

My kids loved the idea of writing what they were thankful for and adding it to the little tree. I think Jie said she's thankful for ABC's and McDonalds and Trayjan was thankful for Family, his Dogs, Toys and Friends. It was precious to have them get so excited for this new centerpiece for our dining table.

I love to create little fun things that our family can do each year, so now this little tree will be our Thanksgiving Tradition. It will fill our table each year with lifes past and present thankful gifts.

5 comments:

Courtney and the Boys said...

So fun! I'm looking at mine right now on our coffee table and thinking the same thing. We did ours last night and I look forward to doing it each year with my kids. So much to be thankful for!!! :)

Sherry said...

Chasity, what a great tradition. I love the idea. Your family will look forward to it each year. Do you mind if we copy it from you.

Janet and Kevin said...

What a great idea! Even with the sadness this Thanksgiving of Dad's illness, we have so much to be thankful for. I think I will help Philp make a tree tomorrow!!

Happy Thanksgiving to your wonderful family.

Love,
The Bourkes

Jean said...

What a great idea! It is so cute with the leaves on it! I love the things children are thankful for- they are so precious!!

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Miracles from God to us! said...

Wow the little tree is a good idea! Well what a beautiful tree you all put up! We are going to decorate the house tomorrow! The kids have so much fun! I think we'll make Christmas cookies too if we have time! Well that is so neat how God spoke to you when you were weary. That is so hard being a "single mom" When Jason is gone a lot with church activies then I can really feel for the singel mom. It can be tough.

Well thanks for the cute pictures! So glad that Jie is doing so well at school too!

God BLess, Heidi