Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thankful Thursday



This I call to mind
and therefore I have hopes:
Because of the Lord's great
love we are not
consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

LAMENTATIONS 3:21-23


I am first most greatful to the Lord for giving me this earthly life, that one day I will rest with him. I'm so very thankful that he called upon me to be a Christian daughter, sister, wife, mother and friend. For all I do in this earthly life will prepare a place for me in my Father's Kingdom.

I'm thankful this Thursday for the Fall season. As a family we have the most fun in the Fall. We visit local farms (3 times already this Fall), we pick our own apples, decorate wonderful pumpkins, which the kids love to do. We get to enjoy outside without blazing heat. I have to say I just love living in Indiana and getting to see the changing of the seasons. It is so peaceful to watch how beautiful it is to see the first blooms of flowers, to watch the leaves change to bright oranges, reds and yellows, to anticipate the first snow and then to be blessed all over again the next year. Although some days are colder then I prefer, it is such a blessing to experience it all every year with my family.

I'm thankful that I do not have to work and can experience days like today with Field Trips and School parties with my kids. I couldn't imagine missing out on these fun days with the kids.

I'm very thankful for my bible time. I keep my bible in my car and get to read it each day for about 30 minutes while I'm waiting on Trayj to get out of school. I love that time that is all mine to devote to God with no interruptions.

5 comments:

[[Nicole]] said...

I love the pumpkins. The bodies are so cute and they look much less messy than carving. :)

We have done some practicing with the karate yells. But not often. I'll have to work on it at home. My room mates will think I'm crazy. :P

Michele said...

What an encouraging post! Thank you so much! I really needed to read that!

And MAN! Your kids are cute!!

Sherry said...

Inspiring today Chasity. Thank you for your great posts.

I love the kids' pumpkins. I've never seen those before. I'm feeling bad... we didn't do pumpkins this year.

Jean said...

What a wonderful thankful list!! I too am so thankful that my hubby comes home safely from work trips and the blessings of being a stay at home Mom!! Thank you Jesus!!

I love your pumpkins!!

Janet and Kevin said...

Oh, those sweet beautiful children of yours! They make me smile!

Cute pumpkins and great post. I, too, love the change of the seasons. Fall is absolutely my favorite time of the year because of how beautiful the earth looks. It is a blaze of cozy colors that comforts my soul!

I, too, am glad Travis comes home safely each time. I always take a deep breath in each evening and give thanks to God that we are all safe another day. And, staying home with Philip is an awesome gift to give him and me each day! It's tight with finances, but Kevin and I would move Heaven and earth to have me stay home through these formative years.

And, lastly, but actually first on my list - I, too, am thankful God has called us to be His children. I can't imagine a minute without His presence in my life.

Love to you all this beautiful fall day and wishing you and all of our wonderful travel group were going on our second trip to China with us!

Janet, Kevin, Ted, Philip, and almost having Eli home :)