Monday, October 26, 2009

MEMORY BOX MONDAY


I absolutely love a wonderful families blog that on Monday's posts a Memorial Box Monday posting. Memorial Box Monday is a post that represents something special from times past. I have been wanting to begin a Memorial Box posting and have finally taken the opportunity to do so.

I wanted to make my first posting about a lovely little box that everytime I see it, it brings such fun memories back. My husband and I traveled many years ago to Budapest Hungary to compete in a World Karate Championship. It was the most amazing time for us as we were in our mid 20's and very active in competitions. We were both ask to compete on the United States Team. We had the most amazing time as it was our first time leaving the country. This little box holds all the foreign money we kept from our trip and also from many other trips we have taken. We always make sure to keep little coins from our travels. Our little box has coins from Budapest, London, Japan, and China.

I think this beautiful little handmade box from Budapest reminds me of my younger days and how active I was for so many years. I love karate and LOVE competing and haven't done so since I was 7 months pregnant with my son (7 years ago). Each time I see this little box, it makes me want to compete again. I take great pride in the many State, National and World Championships I have earned over the 17 years I have been in Martial Arts. It holds such a special place in my heart. I began taking Karate in 1992 and absolutly loved how it made me feel about myself. It still makes me feel like I could take on the world. It has given me confidence to do so many things in my life. Karate takes a seat as one of my greatest loves in life, after God, and my Family.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

That is a beautiful box. I would never have guessed that you do karate. What a fun way to learn more about you!

Sherry said...

Chasity, I can't wait to read your Memorial Monday Posts. Your box is beautiful and holds great memories by its self. I look forward to seeing what is inside.

[[Nicole]] said...

I love Memorial Monday posts! They really make us appreciate and remember our pasts in creative ways. I haven't started my own box yet, but I want to soon! By the way...I'm loving my Karate class so far! :)

Janet and Kevin said...

What a sweet post. I didn't know you competed along with Travis! Didn't know we had two body guards with us in China! LOL!

Love to you all,
the Bourkes