Monday, October 19, 2009

WE HAVE AN AUTHOR ON OUR HANDS!





Trayjan has been writing his little books for a couple years now, but now that he is beginning to sound out words the books are getting better and longer. He has been a lover of Goosebumps stories for a few years, I think we have read about 30 of their books over the last couple of years. He especially loves any of Goosebumps books with Slappy the Ventriliquest Dummy in them. He even got a Slappy for his birthday last year. He really enjoys all Goosebumps books. On Sunday, he decided he wanted to write a Goosebumps story and ask me if I would be the illustrator....I said of course, so he began to write, then he decided we would share in writing as well. This is his final little book and he is very proud of his story.

5 comments:

Courtney and the Boys said...

That's fantastic, Chasity! I loved reading it...what a great story. And I loved reading it from a "former elementary teacher" standpoint, too, and seeing how he is using all of his phonetic rules to create his words. His handwriting is fabulous, by the way! :) What a fun outlet for him.

Sherry said...

Great job Trayjan!! I loved reading the story and. His writing is really good and his spelling is also great for a beginner. Even the cover of his book ROCKS!

Janet and Kevin said...

Way to go Trayjan! We could be reading your works in print someday from the bookstores!

Hugs,
The Bourkes

Kristi said...

Good story Trayjan! That was a cute idea- to take a picture of the papers. I have never thought of doing that with the kids' stuff.

Jean said...

Good job Trayjan!! I loved reading his book- He may have a future as an author!! What a fun age he is at!!