Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Trayjan's 1st day of First Grade



Well, this amazing little guy was so very brave and ready to take on the world this morning for his 1st day of First Grade. Quite a different little boy then last night as he was fighting his sleep because of nerves. He is growing up so quickly and I know although Daddy was so very proud he wanted nothing to do with any of us walking him into school (including mommy which should never happen), he broke my heart. I was miserable for a bit this morning missing him and feeling like the picture I had made in my head of how this day would go was just crumbled because of his wonderful confidence and independence.

I love this precious child so much. If only he knew my heart is not quite ready for what he realizes he is ready for. If only he knew he takes my heart with him each time he leaves me. Although my tears were shed, I couldn't be more proud of who he has become. He may have fears and hesitance but he knows he is strong enough to get through anything. He knows that he has been raised to take on situations that may not always seem so great in the beginning, but through his confidence and trust in our words, he will pull through everytime. I know that he prays when he is feeling scared or anxious. I know and trust that he knows God is there to get him through it. Thank you Lord for being with him (and his little sister who put pretend cake and ice cream at his bedroom door so when he got home he could have some). Thank you for giving these precious children the confidence to get through their fears.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I'm glad you both made it through the first day school.

Some people can't wait for the day theri kids leave home. But for some of us, it is too soon! I am already greiving the time my girls leave home. Heck! I was sad this morning when I took the potty chair away. Even though I was so tired of cleaning it.

Life goes on, no matter what a mommy's heart says.

Janet and Kevin said...

Oh how I remember Ted's first day in first grade like it was yesterday. That is a big milestone for moms and dads.

Glad Trayjan's day went well and that he has the confidence to take on first grade!

So sweet what Jie did for him, too!

Hugs - Janet, Kevin, Ted, Philip, and waiting for Eli