Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thankful Thursday



I purchased a new CD for a song that we love....Boom Boom Pow, by Black Eyed Peas. Trayjan loves to listen to our new songs over and over again and although I don't think a little 3 1/2 year old girl (named Jieuse) is even paying attention.....she is! After about 10 times of hearing the song...I all the sudden hear this little voice in the backseat saying things like, mmm boom pow, and it occurs to me, she hears every word. Now when we get into the car..she says Mommy, I hear my favorite song #1. So today, I am thankful for the precious songs being sung from my backseat each day by a precious little girl, who not long ago, had no songs to sing.

Last night as I was getting into the shower, Trayjan said I want to take a bath and just talk. Boy, sometimes that little guy sounds like he's so much older. So I said sure, you take a bath and I will shower and we can talk. He does this once or twice per week and last night he said, "Okay mom let's tell Jokes". Sometimes he wants me to tell him a Pee in your pants story, a scarey story or a vomit story. (He loves to be told stories). So we began telling Jokes, he and I laughing very hard at each ones Jokes. So what seemed like just another joke, was not just another joke, but time well spent with my little guy who is growing way to quickly. So today as well, I'm thankful for a son who always wants to talk to me and listen to my stories and jokes (and he loves them).

Lastly today, I am thankful for summer days watching my kids play outside. I'm thankful that each summer we have a waterslide for the kids to play on. They love playing in the water. I pray that they never think they are to big to play outside and enjoy things like our waterslide.

No comments: