Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Weekend


We had a wonderful weekend celebrating and remembering loved ones with family. Trayjan is at an age that he is so very curious about what we do and why we do things we do. We explained many times throughout the weekend what it meant. These conversations went from family members who have passed to our fallen soldiers from different time periods. He not only wanted to know how many soldiers have sacrificed their lives for our freedom, he had to know all about when and where it occured. We also added to his prayers for God to watch over the men and women protecting our freedom every day. I believe he has a great understanding of what it meant. Jie really isn't ready for all of the information, so she just played and swam all weekend with family.

We are praying for families this memorial day as they remember their loved ones.

2 comments:

Jean said...

It looks like your family had a wonderful long weekend together! I love the pictures!

We are planning to fast on Wednesday- if that works for you, we would love to have you join us!! Check out my blog for my e-mail address and send me your desired prayers! I will share everyones prayers tomorrow (through e-mail) so we can all pray for each other!
Blessings!
Jean

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog AND your contribution. I feel super stupid because I accidentally hit "deny payment" in my Paypal account.

Anyway, sorry for the mess-up. I will give you an extra entry for my mistake!

Great pics, btw!!