Thursday, December 11, 2008

Decorating the Tree





Trayjan has always loved to put all the decorations on our Christmas Tree, and Jie was able to enjoy the fun this year. It's funny, because each year, I want this beautiful tree decorated in Red and White Decorations only, and each year when I get only Red and White Decorations out to decorate, Trayjan wants to know where the rest of the decorations are.
I have told myself, that I will decorate a Tree in the livingroom with all my Red and White Decor and give the kids a tree to decorate for themselves with all the colorful decorations on it. However, each year, once all the colorful, fun, memorable decorations are put on the tree, I take a look at it, and it is the most beautiful tree, I have ever seen. It means so much to me that our tree, has pictures, Michigan Wolverine Ornaments and homeade pipe cleaner candy canes that Trayj has made in school. I love our colorful Christmas Tree and each time I look at it, it reminds of all the beautiful blessings God has given me in my life......A remarkable, intelligent, funny, loving Son.......a Unique, loving, funny, outgoing little girl.......a loving, giving, wonderful, hardworking husband.....a life filled with wonderful parents, siblings, friends, and family. How blessed we are everyday, even without this beautiful Christmas tree and presents in our family room.
p.s. Since Trayj was a baby, we have had him put the same White Star on top our Christmas tree and this year he about broke my heart when I told him when Dad gets home, they will put the star on, he looked at me and said, mom I don't really want to put the star on. He said let Jie do it. Well, that did not happen..... I told him even when he comes home from college, he's the person who puts the star on our tree. I told him, we will create something that only Jie will do every year. It is the most special thing for me to see his dad lift him up as high as the tree and put the bright beautiful star on top of our tree. I think this year, we'll buy a family ornament that only Jie can put on each year, she loved putting the ornaments on the tree and yesturday, she was moving them around a bit!

1 comment:

Elaine said...

You can sure tell that Trayjan just loves his littel sister. I had run across Jie's adoption when it first started and have been following ever since. She sure is a beautiful girl.
Hope your family has a very Merry Christmas.
Elaine from MT